- Tower Hamlets
East London youngsters will be left without their festival fix this year after the annual Underage Music Festival was cancelled last week. It was due to have taken place on August 30.
Siting ‘production problems’ for the announcement, organisers have promised to be back next year.The 13 to 18 year old crowd were to be treated to top level acts with a DJ set by Foals and performances by Hodouken, Jessie Ware and Spector planned. In previous years the festival has been held in Victoria Park but was forced to move to Shoreditch Park this year due to the Olympics.
Organisers said in a statement: “Despite a positive start to the move from Victoria Park and repeated assurances that production levels would be suitable for a festival of this kind, we now find ourselves in an unfortunate situation where we have no choice but to cancel the event.”
Festival goers and bands took to social media to express their disappointment at the cancellation. One of the headlining bands ‘Pulled Apart By Horses’ said on their website: “Having played a few times we’re really disappointed as it is always a great show and the crowd is always one of the best.”
The festival has been running since 2007 and is produced by the same team who put on Field Day with production being run by Loudsound.
Those with tickets are able to get refunds by contacting the outlet they purchased from.