Michy Batshuayi shows great form on his debut for Crystal Palace against Fulham on Saturday.
After struggling to impress throughout his time in Spain and Germany, Michy Batshuayi returned to the Premier League, and set up Crystal Palace’s winning goal against Fulham. After dribbling past two players, the number 23, referred to as ‘Batsman’, was denied a goal by opposition goalkeeper, Sergio Rico. But his parried shot fell to Jeffrey Schlupp who scored to make it 2-0.
— Michy Batshuayi (@mbatshuayi) 2 February 2019
The Eagles are four points off the relegation zone, and still have 13 games to play this season. Nine of their remaining fixtures are against teams higher in the table. Palace still have to face Manchester United, Manchester City and Tottenham.
After the concrete win against Fulham, Roy Hodgson told BBC Sport that it was “anxious times” for Crystal Palace, and that “every point was crucial”. Crystal Palace have only won seven out of 25 games played this season.
Palace will play West Ham at home next Saturday. The Hammers are twelfth place in the table and managed to draw against league leaders, Liverpool on Monday night.
Palace’s solid defence:
Mamadou Sakho was rewarded for his firm performance at the weekend. He was voted as Man of the Match as Crystal Palace kept their 9th clean sheet in Premier League, just behind Tottenham and Manchester City who both have 10.
- Sakho has 32 clean sheets in his career and has never scored an own goal.
- Batshuayi had no assist in his 15 appearances for Valencia.
- Fulham have only won four games and lost 16 in Premier League, this season.
- Batshuayi has scored seven goals and provided two assists in 33 premier league appearances. (Chelsea and Crystal Palace)
- Crystal Palace have 13 clean sheets in all competitions this season.