The Met Police have carried out three dawn raids and made arrests in their investigation into the violence and disorder at the Millwall v Wigan FA Cup semi-final on Saturday 13 April. An officer in charge of the inquiry warns “Our message is clear. Violence at football is unacceptable. We will pursue all those responsible.”
Three men, 21, 22, 27, were arrested by Territorial Support Group officers and officers involved in ‘Operation Arrowtip’ the Met’s response to football-related crime and disorder.
The police have also released 17 further images of people at the match at Wembley Stadium whom they would like to speak to.
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Barnes said: “Large scale violence and disorder at football matches is completely unacceptable. People either attending matches expect to be able to do so in a safe and friendly environment.”
He added: “I would like to thank the media for their help so far. We have had an excellent response from the public, who have identified people in 9 of the ten images already released. Some have since handed themselves in to police, and to date, we have arrested 26 people. Three have been charged.
Detectives are working through many more calls and CCTV to identify all those involved in the disorder and expect to make further arrests.
They are inviting people involved in the violence to come forward and speak to them.
The Met says if you recognise someone in these pictures or have information regarding the incidents please contact police on 020 8246 0076 (not 24 hours); if you wish to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.