Crystal Palace striker, Marouane Chamakh, has put pen to paper on a new deal, revealing he rejected other English clubs to prolong his stay at Selhurst Park.
The former Arsenal player ended speculation about his future when he agreed to a new two-year deal last Friday.
In his first interview since signing, the Moroccan told cpfc.co.uk: “I’m really happy because I really wanted to stay with Crystal Palace and with the group I played with last season.
“I enjoyed myself more last season than I have for a long time because I feel good around the players and the new staff. I am so happy to continue being a part of that group.”
The 30-year-old, who joined on a one-year deal last summer, confirmed that he passed up offers from several other clubs to remain at Palace.
“I had many other offers, including three or four from other teams in England, but I really wanted to stay with Crystal Palace,” Chamakh said.
“I said before, my first choice was always to stay here.
“We had a good season last year and we will do everything we can to do the same again this season for everybody – for us and for the fans.”
The forward is currently in Austria with the Palace squad at their intensive pre-season training camp, which he believes could prove key in replicating the team’s form in the second half of last season.
“We’ve worked really, really hard… I’ve been a professional for 12 years and I’ve never worked like this!”
Chamakh scored six goals in all competitions last season, and will hope to find the back of the net again tonight if he features in the Eagle’s friendly match in Austria against GAK Graz.