A Shoreditch man has been jailed for 16 months and faces a ban from the tube after twice sexually assaulting the same woman on the London Underground.
Mohibur Rahman, 35, put his hand up the victim’s skirt and touched her bottom on two separate occasions during her journeys from Holborn Underground Station on the Central line.
The first assault took place on February 3 on board one of the Central Line trains, with the second assault occurring February 20 on the escalators.
The woman, who was 27 at the time, confronted Rahman after both assaults. He reportedly apologised after the first incident.
Blackfriars Crown Court ruled on November 7 that Rahman would serve 16 months in jail and would be prohibited from travelling on the Central Line during rush hour for five years. The Sexual Offences Prevention Order filed against Rahman also forbids him from visiting Holborn Underground Station.
Detective Constable Darren Davies said: “We are extremely grateful to her for coming forward and reporting the incident which allowed us to carry out an investigation and bring Rahman to justice.”
An examination of Rahman’s Oyster card showed that he had been on the Underground for over an hour on February 3, despite having only travelled between Holborn and Liverpool Street stations.
Davies said: “We take all sexual offences seriously and we are pleased that Rahman has been locked away for this crime and that we successfully were granted the order banning him from parts of the tube network.”