On Saturday, Crystal Palace ended up on the losing side of a 4-3 thriller against Liverpool.
Palace travelled to Anfield, optimistic that they could cause the premier league leaders an upset, having already emerged as victors against Manchester City in December.
Although the Eagles were beaten by Liverpool, they managed to cause a lot of damage to the league’s best defence. The Reds have only conceded 3 goals in their last 5 Premier League games.
The last three teams to visit Liverpool at home – Arsenal, Newcastle and Manchester United, all suffered crushing defeats. So, even the most die-hard fans were fearing the worst, but instead, they came away with an almost memorable result and were unlucky not to return to Croydon with 3 points.
Victories in their next two games against Southampton and Fulham would allow a continued rise up the table.
- Crystal Palace scored their three shots on target while Liverpool had 9.
- Andros Townsend has now equalled his best goal count in a League campaign (four goals in 2015-16).
- 21 years separate the youngest and oldest player to have played on Saturday. Liverpool’s Rafael Camacho (born in 2000) and Julian Speroni for Palace (born in 1979).
- Crystal Palace’s squad cost £201m, whereas Liverpool’s totalled £625m.
- Salah has now scored 50 career goals in the Premier League.