East London is the vintage fashion hub of the capital. Areas in the East End, such as Brick Lane and Shoreditch, are known for their abundance of vintage shops, boutiques and market stalls.
In our four-day ‘Mad about Vintage’ series, we will be exploring all things vintage in east London, including those who wear vintage clothes everyday, the affordability of vintage fashion, vintage street style, and the best places to shop for vintage garments.
During our research, we found most people in the Eastlondonlines boroughs buy vintage clothes a few times a year and will only spend a maximum of £30-£50 on a singular item. The 1970s was also most people’s favourite era with the fashionable 90s, being a close second.
- My Vintage Life: Lucy Manley
- Mad about Vintage: Get the ’40s look
- How Brick Lane became the vintage capital: Timeline
- My Vintage Life: Milou Stella
- How to buy vintage clothing: A beginner’s guide
- Why is east London mad about vintage?