Staying fit and enjoying green spaces within the city has never seemed more important since lockdown began in March.
Eastlondonlines has put together a map of great parks available in Hackney, Lewisham, Tower Hamlets and Croydon.
Hackney Downs: Open 24hrs (might vary due to COVID-19)
Haggertson Park: Open from 7:30am to 17:30pm
Victoria Park: Open from 8:30am to 4pm on West Side & 8am to 4pm on East Side
Mile End Park: Open from 10am to 5pm
Lewisham Park: Open form 8am to 9pm
Hilly Fields: Open from 8am to 9pm
Wandle Park: Open from 8am to 8pm
Crystal Palace Park: Open from 7:30am to 8:30pm
The government has issued guidelines on using green space in order to keep people safe.
- Make sure you stay local and avoid unnecessary travel.
- Go out alone or accompanied only by members of your household when doing exercise.
- Make sure you stay at least 2 metres apart from everyone that doesn’t share a household with you.
- Take hygiene precautions (such as wearing a mask) and wash your hands thoroughly when you get home
- The use of playgrounds, gym areas, toilets and benches within green spaces are prohibited.
- Sports and games, including frisbee and kites, are not allowed.