Although we will still be in lockdown for Mother’s Day 2021, there are plenty of ways to put a smile on the faces of the special women in your life.
Whether you fancy spoiling her with a bouquet or treating her to a subscription of some kind, our gift guide contains ideas for every type of Mother, mother figure, or friend.
If you’re stuck inside with copious amounts of time, why not get crafty and try some of our DIY ideas to create something extra special. And if you have young children, you can also download our Mother’s Day drawings for them to colour in here.
1. Hackney-based business Forage and Feast are selling beautifully adorned afternoon tea for two boxes this Mother’s Day, and are delivering their ever popular ‘Brownie Box’ as well as their signature grazes all across London.
2. Thisworks relaxing sleep tray is perfect for those mums struggling to switch off especially in current times. Made up of lavender, camomile, and vetiver, the spray is proven to help you fall asleep quicker and sleep deeper.
3. If you have spent the last year far from your mum, she may have received a lot of bouquets from you by now for different occasions. London Florist Co at Selfridges is selling a special dried flower arrangement with a beehive ceramic vase this Mother’s Day. Not only is it different from any other bouquet because it doesn’t have a two-week life limit- the vase makes it a gift she can appreciate forever.
4. If pampering is more on key for your special lady’s needs this year, Molton Brown is offering a limited edition box containing three vegan and cruelty-free hand creams- a joyful way to show how much you care. The meadowfoam seed oil and shea butter hand creams are perfect for Mums.
5. For the gin-loving Mums or those with a favourite Pinot Grigio- an alcohol subscription box would be the perfect way to remind them you are always thinking of them: not just on Mothering Sunday. With specially crafted Moët & Chandon and truffle gifts, and hampers starting at just £34, Laithwaite’s Wine has got every taste covered.
6. If this Mother’s Day is all about getting the hard-working women in your life to relax- then nothing is better than a new nightwear set: consisting of pure cashmere socks and a cotton robe from The White Company.
7. If that special woman is more of a foodie, what better than a luxury breakfast in bed gift hamper from M&S. The set includes everything you would need for a hotel suite style breakfast- whether you’ll be preparing it for them or watching them enjoy it over facetime.
8. If your mum is a tea lover, then t2 have perfect gifts to adorn her afternoon tea this Mothering Sunday. Their tea ware collection includes limited edition floral china which goes beautifully with their fruits of the florist tea bag selection.
9. If your mum is more of a traditional bouquet lover- Croydon Flower Company has specially crafted blooms just for Mother’s Day.
10. MakKafe Croydon is selling their infamous homemade macaroons presented in boxes filled with fresh flowers this Mother’s Day- with a chance to add a personalised message too.
11. For any cycling Mums, Goodordering ( usually situated in Broadway Market Hackney) makes functional tech-ready, retro-style cycling accessories. Browse their range of handy bags including multi-functional cycle panniers, backpacks, and handlebar bags.
12. Zakiyah Patisserie, East London based ‘micro bakery’ have released a special Mother’s Day menu, which include a range of their handcrafted patisseries: renowned for being visibly immaculate as well as delicious. They will be offering collection and delivery across East London- perfect for those Mothers with a sweet tooth.
13. Whilst 2021 is all about supporting small businesses, Lucy Wylie (Croydon-based) is selling handmade silver jewellery, and MOTHERSDAY25 will give you 25% off.